Spiritual growth is what I strongly believe in these days. Although there is a link to my religious background and can be rather confusing, what we believe or not believe in is a totally separate issue.
What am I getting at? ....The life lessons we learn are just part of the growth we need to see ourselves partake with no prejudice or resistance to the experiences that are thrown at us. I want to share my experience here with all those who are keen to know.
I am learning to trust and have faith. I do not pretend that it is an easy process. Everything happens for a reason (repeating myself yet again). We learn from life's experiences, we accept and open ourselves to the positives and negatives. I follow my heart but also believe that the head plays an important role when it comes to some types of decisions....a balance is needed and depending on one or the other alone will lead to imbalance.
Why fight the hard times when there is nothing much we can do? We may have the ability to change our life path with stubborn behaviors but I do not think we can change our destiny at the end of the day. We will probably end up in the same destination taking different routes....who knows.
Be it God or our higher self or anything you believe in with regards to the divine, we are given the free will to do things but have no control over what is planned in our lives. Eg. If our time is here to leave this world, do you think we can fight and say WAIT....I NEED ANOTHER DAY TO SETTLE THIS AND THAT?? Or do we have the ability to stand at the Pearly Gate (for those of us Christians who are lucky enough to be sent to Heaven) and ask St Peter....hey I am not ready to enter these gates yet, throw me back down for another 2 hrs and I will report back? NO WAY!
It is so hard to understand why events happen the way they do and no point arguing or debating (whoever your God is). What I am trying to express here is the need to trust and have faith - TELL ME ABOUT IT. This is not easy for me too. We mortal beings want what we want at our own time - I can certainly attest to that. But time and again, they don't happen in our time when we want it. Frustrating....Agree?
Ever wonder why for the non-believers? Again, back to the issue of Everything Happens for A Reason in its own time....we do not have a choice or hand in it! I want that house, I want that car, I want to be loved.....can you dictate the time? Of course you can argue Yes, I will buy those things by getting the money to do so no matter what. But don't you think if those are not yours, something will eventually happen to take them away? Think about that....
Our Destiny is set......... I want to continue learning about this abstract concept and see where I land. If you are keen to do this research with me, YELL!
Monday, December 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment