Friday, September 11, 2009

Growing Up

Growing up as an only child has been different. To my friends, it is wonderful. They are so envious. No doubt it was exclusive as a child (Me, Myself and I) - getting all the attention (TOO MUCH in fact!).

For us middle aged people now, that special SPACE that we need was never given :(
If you are in this age category, you will understand.

  • Mommy asking this and that
  • Have you done this and that?
  • Where are you going girl?
  • Why do you need to go there?
  • Why don't you stay home and play your toys? huh???? (I was already a teenager you know)
  • Who are your friends?
The list goes on.....

SPACE was never a word in my dictionary until now. Now I fully understand. BUT BUT BUT guys who are reading this - DO NOT for one moment think that this is a great excuse to hide from us women! LAME if used once too often.

Being an over-protected child leads to lots of insecurities today. Ah well, part and parcel of my path - just have to consciously avoid those feelings. Writing them down is good....helps me reflect back with appreciation of life's lessons. Many of these lessons I am about to share in my journey are crazy - unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment